Saturday 28 January 2017

SNOMED CT (Systemized Nomenclature of Medicine Clinical Term)

With recent NHS initiative to replace their clinical terminology, READ Version 3(or CTV3), with SNOMED CT (Systemized Nomenclature of Medicine Clinical Term), there may be a lot of questions raised about this terminology. I first knew about this terminology, in 2008, when I worked with NHS CFH as part of PhD projects. This might be the very early days for SNOMED CT in the UK. I wrote a chapter about SNOMED CT for my PhD thesis, but later on discarded it and never got it published. So I think it will be better if I publish it here, even though the content itself may be a little out of date by now. But I hope, it will be still beneficial for an introductory read. Bear in mind, some of the content may be relevant only to UK audiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment